Du Moulin's part-project for the Hoge Fronten, wich was realized in the years 1773-1777 under the direction of his successor, Francois de Veye, has left interesting traces. The bastion Waldeck dating from about 1680, was extended with a large caponier built into the counterscarp, which from the focus of attrection in the fully restored bastion, now the centre of an area of rolling parkland that also contains remnants of the walls of the lunette Drenthe. Of much greater importance is the still extant portion of Du Moulin's Fronten to the right of the former Brusselsepoort. This complex, measuring about 15 hectares, comprises the walled earthworks Stadhouder with the counterguard Du Moulin, Erfprins and Holsteyn, from 1688, which together form an irrigular but continuous line of defence. In front of this is a dry moat with a counterscarp clad in masonry, which itself is protected by the masonry-reinforced lun
ettes Zeeland, Holland and Gelderland, strongpoints of the covered way hiding the bastions from view and fire.